About this job
A few months ago we started out with the vision of building a next generation sports betting platform focused on performance, reliability, modularity and automation. We believe that our experience paired with today’s technologies, great talent and the agility of a startup environment will enable us to deliver a best-in-class product that meets the demands of the market of tomorrow.
We are now on the lookout for a Lead DevOps Engineer who wants to join our distributed team and help us execute our vision.
As DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that our different engineering teams have their needs covered when it comes to cross-cutting concerns such as Infrastructure, Security, Instrumentation and CI/CD Pipelines.
Your deliverables will have a direct impact on the day-to-day work of all our engineers. You will help them reduce the time to market of the tasks and features they are working on. Whilst development and operational efficiency will be your primary goal, you should also have an eye for performant and resilient infrastructures.
Your responsibilities as DevOps Engineer at BlueLabs will include:
Enable the different teams to deliver and operate their services on their own
Be a strong advocate for keeping all things automated and under version control
Provide DevOps and SRE expertise and best practices to all developers within the organisation
Work hand in hand with the Engineering Leads to execute the company's strategy and assist the development teams when it comes to topics such as Infrastructure, Security, Instrumentation and CI/CD pipelines
Be the first point of contact when it comes to cross-cutting concerns, while ensuring that you do not become a single point of failure
BlueLab’s Sports Betting platform consists of tens of microservices written in Elixir, Go and Scala. You are not required to have professional experience with either of these languages but being interested in them will be valued positively, since it will help you better understand the needs of our Engineering teams.
We are hiring for talent, not for a specific location. You will find that members of our team are distributed all over Europe. Being a distributed team enables us to hire only the best, without being restricted to the talent pool available at a specific geographic location. However, to facilitate team communication and collaboration we currently require you to be located in a European time zone (between UTC-1 and UTC+3). You must also be able to travel to other European locations a few times a year for on-site meetings and workshops.
The base compensation range for this role is €65k-90k annually, depending on your background and experience. It can be subject to an adjustment of up to 15% in either direction if the cost-of-living in your region is far above or below the European average. As an independent contractor you will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees in your country of residence (unless you are based in Malta, in which case you will be employed). In addition to that, we offer a number of perks to each of our team members as we truly believe in a healthy work-life balance and continuous learning.
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a DevOps (or Systems) Engineer
- Professional experience with GCP and/or AWS
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies (e.g. GCP), container orchestration platforms (e.g. Kubernetes), infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform), code instrumentation (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk) and CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins)
- Interest in distributed systems
- Interest in microservice architecture, data- and message-based technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka)
- Interest in keeping yourself up to date and learning new languages, frameworks and technologies as required
- Product-oriented mindset and eagerness to take part in shaping the products we build
- Ability to work autonomously in a fully distributed team
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English
Life at BlueLabs Software
- Distributed Team, enabling us to hire Europe's best talents
- Work only with the latest technologies
- Use the best tools and resources money can buy
- Regular onsite meetings across Europe
- Competitive Compensation
- Personal Development Allowance of €1,000 annually
- Co-Working Space & Home Office Allowances
- Flexible working hours and time-off policy
- Monthly wellbeing allowance for Gym Membership, Massages etc.