About this job
This position will support our SaaSemail platform, providing service to large customers for tens of millions of end users. Core competencies required include automated deployment, virtualization and mail protocols.You will be expected to provide quick resolution of difficult technical problems and we are asking you to share your major contributions regarding technical architecture, documentation and systems project management. The close cooperation between you and the Services and Engineering teams in the rest of the larger Open-Xchange organization, means growth opportunities abound inside and outside the team. In other words, this position is a great opportunity to build a career track. Ideally you are located in Germany next to one of our development office in Olpe, Dortmund, Bremen or Hamburg, but you can also be located in any other city in Europe.
- Assist with administering mission-critical software such as Dovecot, LDAP, Galera, Cassandra
- Hardware installation and troubleshooting
- Ensure availability, scalability and performance of the Linux Server environment
- Shell scripting
- Server deployment, configuration and management using Ansible / Chef
- Monitor system logs and activities
- Design operations and implementation scripts and automation; configure and write supporting documentation
- Assist with security audit and compliance tasks
- Perform security hardening via group policies, local policies, scripting, etc.
- Document architecture and essential function methodology
- Participate in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation supporting and collaborate with global operations teams
- Lead and assist in areas of technical innovations and cost savings
What do you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 8+ years of experience working with Linux
- Solid experience of 5+ years in scripting in either bash, perl, python or ruby
- Ideally experience with OpenStack, Ansible/Chef, Dovecot, Cassandra & Java
- Solid understanding of networking (the OSI model, TCP, IP, routing, firewalls & load balancers) and storage concepts (iSCSI, fiber channel, LVM and NFS)
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and virtualization technologies including OpenStack and/or VMware.
- Experience with object storage platforms like Scality, Ceph & SWIFT
- Understanding of multi-tiered applications
- Experience with logging technologies such as Graylog, Kibana, or Splunk
- Interest in learning new technologies and working with proof of concepts to promote new technologies
- Willingness to do some domestic and international travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; willingness to present technical information to a group
What we offer
- You can work entirely from your home office or from one of our offices - as you prefer!
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas for our product
- HomeOffice and the opportunity to work from one of our well-appointed worldwide offices
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with a “Open Door” policy
- Plenty of opportunities to attend conferences and industry gatherings with your co-workers, and an awesome end-of-year party
Life at Open-Xchange GmbH
About Open-Xchange GmbH
Open-Xchange (OX) is a market leader in Mail / Messaging and DNS-based security services, with more than 200m seats sold through international hosting and telco providers worldwide, including partners such as 1&1, Orange, Italiaonline, Comcast, GoDaddy or Softbank.
We at OX have our roots in Open Source, and this has shaped our view of the world and culture – open, diverse, and with a bias to act, giving everyone at OX room to take responsibility within their team and grow. OX believes in an internet that is open, safe and free. We want to create competitive products that allow our providers to deliver secure internet services with a great user experience, and that respect privacy and generate value.
With some 270+ people worldwide, OX develops and operates Open Source software (aaS) for mail / messaging (OX App Suite, OX Guard) and collaboration / productivity (OX Drive, OX Documents). OX’s Dovecot is the world’s dominant open-source IMAP server software, and our PowerDNS provides secure DNS services to our telco customers and their users.
Our business is fast-paced and changing constantly. We are looking for people who share our beliefs, who are out there to make a difference, are entrepreneurial and enjoy working in a high-tech environment as part of a truly international team. OX is headquartered in Cologne, with further locations throughout Germany (Hamburg, Bremen, Dortmund, Olpe and Nuremberg), the USA (Louisville, KY), Finland, the Netherlands, Italy, France, Spain and Japan (Tokyo).
- Flache Hierarchien
- Flexible Arbeitszeiten
- Modernste Technik