Headquarters: Lincoln, NE
First Quarter Finance (FQF) is a leading personal finance website. We have been featured in and cited by a number of publications including U.S. News & World Report, Entrepreneur, and Zillow. We publish articles that help our readers Earn, Spend, and Save. We also own several other websites you would be involved with.
What we can do for you:
- Help you build/grow your portfolio with many varied projects.
- Allow you to work wherever and whenever. The number of hours you work per week is flexible but it must be at least ~15 on average.
- Provide you with the opportunity to impact the lives of our 1MM+ monthly readers.
- Invite you into a fantastic remote team that has a culture of journalistic integrity and respect for each other.
- Value your contributions. We make sure everything we are doing is for a purpose and no work goes unappreciated.
- Provide stable work. Founded in 2013, we're expanding.
- Pay you competitively. Every two weeks. No invoicing required -- we have a system that tracks and issues payments via direct deposit or check (your choice) every two weeks. This is an hourly contract role.
- Offer pay raises earned based on performance.
- Feature your bio and links on our About page.
What you can do for us:
- Work with our CEO and developer to wireframe and make pixel-perfect new areas of the site. It can be things like making our header beautiful to making our Join Our Team page standout. This is mostly a design role but of course UI/UX improvements must be considered.
- We have two new sites that need designed from the ground-up.
- Make video versions of articles on the site. We can either provide scripts or you can take the article as it sits and you can create the video.
- Identify articles that could use visuals and create them.
- Create Pins for Pinterest.
- Be in charge of all creatives we have as a brand: those for LinkedIn, Pinterest, general media inquiries, etc.
- Always be thinking of ways we can improve things or entire new things we can do. If you're hired, we value your input. You can narrow in on just what’s in this job description or do much more.
- Your designs must be gorgeous. Not just gorgeous for a 1MM-visitor site, gorgeous when held against any website.
- Experience improving user experience for websites and/or apps is preferred but not required.
- You're used to working in an efficient environment.
- Enthusiasm for the topics we cover is required.
We look forward to hearing from you!