About this job
We don’t just collect data, we connect data. YouGov is an international data and analytics group. Our value chain is a virtuous circle consisting of a highly engaged online panel, innovative data collection methods, powerful analytics technology, delivery of high-margin syndicated data products, expert insights and an authoritative media presence. Our core offering of opinion data is derived from our highly participative panel of 6 million people worldwide who provide us with live, continuous streams of data. We capture these streams of data via our variety of data collection platforms and collect them together in the YouGov Cube, our unique connected data library.
Working as part of the Data Science team, you will collaborate with and coordinate data-minded people to convert vast troves of raw consumer data into meaningful insight by developing and deploying of machine learning models, automated ETL applications, RESTful microservices and browser-based user interfaces.
What will I be doing day to day?
- Build new data science products for internal and external clients
- Collaborate to design automated analytical solutions (e.g. fraud detection, prevention)
- Optimise applications to increase performance, reliability and test coverage
- Help to streamline the feature engineering and optimise the pipelines
- Curate and promote best collaborative processes within the data science domain
- Train and mentor team members to enable them to be their best
What do I need to bring with me?
- Proficiency in Python as well as Scikit-Learn, Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Tensorflow, PyTorch.
- Have knowledge in building substantial ETL pipelines
- Parallel computing/programming experience
- Experience with Agile, TDD and DevOps development lifecycle
- Enjoy solving complex technical problems, and supporting others to do so
- Familiar with both old and new technologies and aware of the problems they purport to solve, and willing to keep up-to-date
- Can work within a cross-functional team with both, technical and non-technical colleague
Any additional info:
This role can either be based in our Warsaw tech hub, or be 100% remote.
Life at YouGov
YouGov works with the world's leading brands and organisations to understand what people think.
Powered by Digital Development
Our Global Dev group is a tight group of seven teams comprised of about 40 developers based globally in the UK, Poland, USA and beyond.
The teams coordinate on efforts to build applications and innovate in data collection, survey authoring, profile data management, integration, data analytics, content management, and other areas.
These applications drive the opinion data engine of YouGov; empowering the biggest and the best organisations around the world with accurate information about what the world thinks. Enabling these organisations to make effective predictions based on what their audience or stakeholders think.
We believe the more people are able to participate in the decisions made by the institutions that serve them, the better those decisions will be.
Diverse as the Audience we work with
YouGov is part of Stonewall's Global Diversity Champions Framework.
- Best Equipment
- Salary + Bonus
- Well-being at Work
- Various lifestyle benefits
- Culture of Learning
- Pension (401K in the USA)
- Employee Assistance
- Games and Social Events
- Good Holiday allowance