About this job
Want to join a Hot Start-Up and be one of our first 20 engineers? Do you have expertise in building database products? We'd like to hear from you.
Please include a short note as to why you are a fit for the role.
Note this is a full-time employee role as a direct employee or contractor depending on location (You'll get stock options, vacation time etc). Location is Remote or NYC or Stockholm.
We need extraordinary engineers to join our team. You will act as both architect and programmer, designing, coding, and testing the core of our open-source time-series database. Our focus is on building a scalable, reliable, robust, usable, secure, performant database. You should have strong systems-building experience and expertise in C, understand both query optimization and database systems, and ideally already be a PostgreSQL expert (or show an interest and quick aptitude to become a PostgreSQL expert). And the future of managing and making sense of the deluge of time-series data should excite you.
This is a full time position at our office in New York City, Stockholm, or Remote.
- Play a core role in helping to design and develop new database capabilities, including analytics, clustering and distributed operations, query and storage optimizations, and more.
- Develop, test, and release new features and functionality from our database technical roadmap.
- Continually improve, optimize, and test existing functionality of TimescaleDB.
- Work with engineers both at Timescale and the open-source community to coordinate new functionality and deliver powerful integrations of the database into large applications and pipelines.
- Provide elevated technical assistance to high-value customers, gaining insight into the needs and experiences of our users.
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience; advanced degrees also welcome (most of our core engineering team have PhDs in computer systems).
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- Expertise building industrial-strength software in C/C++ for large code-bases.
- Experience in PostgreSQL internal development highly desirable (but not required).
- Solid knowledge of SQL, query processing and database engines, concurrency control, data replication, and/or distributed systems.
- Passionate about building highly-reliable system software.
- Experience with industry-standard software validation tools helpful, e.g., valgrind, Coverity, pprof, etc.
About Timescale, Inc.
Time-series data is everywhere, and Timescale is helping developers and companies make sense of it.
Businesses worldwide trust TimescaleDB for mission-critical applications from industries as varied as manufacturing, finance, utilities, telecom, mining, ad tech, oil & gas, and the smart home. Applications built on TimescaleDB include complex monitoring systems, industrial machine data analysis, geospatial asset tracking, operational data warehousing, and financial risk management; via the edge, on premise, and cloud deployments.
The team is based in New York City (HQ), Remotely, and Stockholm, and is backed by top tier investors
- Health Care
- Stock Options