Headquarters: Seattle, WA
Senior Marketing Manager Remote Full-Time Position in the U.S. with on-site options in Seattle, WA
Are you a talented and experienced Marketer looking for the opportunity to help shape and execute the Go to Market (G2M) strategy for a rapidly growing Seattle tech company? Are you excited about joining a well-funded, Techstars startup and owning our marketing strategy? Do you want to be at the vanguard of the greatest advertising disruption since the invention of paid search?
Who Are We?
Downstream is building software that uses advanced analytics and machine learning to programmatically manage and optimize advertising campaigns on Amazon.com. The Downstream founders are Amazon veterans from the domains of marketing and software development.
What you will be doing?
We are seeking a Senior Marketing Manager that will assume end-to-end ownership over Downstream’s marketing strategy. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have a track record demonstrating strong technical, analytical, project management, interpersonal, and content generation skills. This important position will own and execute the marketing strategies for all channels, including: Downstream’s website, blog, email, social media, and paid advertising. This hire will also be responsible for generating sales enablement collateral (white papers, case studies, one-pagers, video) in order to drive new customer acquisition. This person will be responsible for creating and executing a content marketing plan, requiring that they establish clear content creation processes, have strong creative writing abilities, high attention to detail, and be a stickler for proper spelling, grammar, and style. Working directly with our customers and Downstream evangelists, the Senior Marketing Manager will create and publish compelling content for consumer brands and agencies. The ideal candidate is comfortable with ambiguity, highly effective operating with autonomy, and uses data to prioritize the highest return on effort activities.
- Produce and publish content, including blog posts, landing pages, newsletters, white papers, videos, and sales collateral, to support awareness, thought leadership, and demand generation efforts
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to Downstream’s website
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search.
- Constantly monitor content effectiveness, establish key analytics and success metrics and continuously refine the strategy as needed Communicate product updates to customers and stakeholders with extreme attention to detail
- Maintain expertise of the Amazon ecosystem, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Working closely with sales to shape and implement Account Based Marketing (ABM) plan and ABM outreach content.
- Analyze accounts and take data-driven approach to developing and customizing sales enablement assets and initiatives that align with the customer journey, stages, and support the G2M plan
Own and drive all paid marketing efforts; SEM, Social, events, etc. partnering with Sales to drive acquisition
Own weekly traffic reporting, measuring and detailing KPIs for all marketing channels
- BS or MS in Business, Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Communications, or a related field
- 4+ years experience in online marketing role; digital experience preferred
- 2+ years experience with email and content marketing and/or copywriting experience
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and leveraging data to make business decisions
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong editorial/content background, proofreading skills, and ability to distill complex concepts into simple messages.
- Strong bias for action and a proven ability to initiate and drive projects to completion in an ambiguous environment with minimal guidance
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with SEO and SEM
- Experience working remotely and working with remote business and/or technology teams
- Experience with startups or software as a service (SaaS) marketing
- Experience with performance advertising and/or Amazon retail
To apply: [email protected]