About this job
Marketplace team @ Heetch
The marketplace team focuses on finding the right triggers to balance the demand (passenger requests) and offer (driver availabilities) to generate growth while maintaining highly reliable service.
It requires a lot of data work, in order to formulate hypotheses and create models which will fit the different cities we operate in. In other words, we try to build scalable and smart things to make mobility easier, for both drivers and passengers.
Our team's goal is to make everything we can so anyone can Heetch anytime.
- Docker with Mesos & Marathon
- Unit and functional tests are as important as the code
What will you do?
- Develop and design real-time responsive solutions at large scales
- Define, evaluate and decide what are the solutions to integrate heavy computational algorithms
- Build solutions with Data scientists in a pod
- Chew on a lot of data to understand your problematics
- Analyze and understand user behaviors
- Bootstrap on emerging market
What are you expected to achieve in the year following your hire?
- Mentor our junior developers and help them to get better
- Improve the marketplace tech stack in our event-driven architecture
- Being able to successfully lead a 'multi-stack' project with both backend and data science
What do you need?
- You're obsessed by the value you create for users, and not only with tiny little optimizations.
- You want to dive into Data science, algorithms and mathematics.
- You want to impact users and don't just want to push code.
- You care about reliability. Our users too 😉
- You like to try out many things and,...
- You are ok to drop some of them. And retry…
- You look for space to push ideas, bootstrapping is one of your hobbies.
- Non-technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
- Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
- Interview with your future teammates (1h)
- Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders
Life at Heetch
Heetch is a mobility app with a simple mission: we want people to enjoy going out.
Every night and every day, our drivers are doing their best to make their rides unforgettable and friendly! We are focused on young people's expectations and are competing within a fast-paced market.
The service was launched in Paris on September 2013 and has been growing since then, with thousands of rides every night in France, Belgium and Morocco.
With more than 1 million users in Europe, we are proud to be one of the fastest growing French startups!
- Full remote and flexible ways of working
- Paid conferences attendance/travel
- Code Retreat
- 2 company seminars
- Travel budget to visit your coworkers
- Spotify Subscription
- Heetch Credits