About this job
Clevertech is looking for a Java Engineer to join our global team. This role has database design and implementation responsibilities including alternative data structures such as nosql, redis, elasticsearch and more. Clevertech looks for craftsmen developers who take ownership of their code.
You can deliver quickly while being clever to avoid missteps. You have an effective positive attitude that shines as you show you care about client and colleague concerns. You are always learning and are a transparent communicator even when it is challenging. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like minded individuals.
- Programming skills– You are comfortable writing code in multiple languages, confident in choosing the right strongly or dynamically typed language for the job. Preferred language familiarity: C++, Java, NodeJS, Ruby, Scala, and/or Go.
- Database skills – You understand the use cases for relational and non-relational data, you’ve implemented code against several different database platforms.
- Development experience - Java Web Applications, Service Oriented Architecture and Micro-Services.
- Knowledge of micro-services networking, load balancing, and service discovery concepts and technologies.
- Conduct code walk-throughs, peer reviews, and produce technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent years of hands-on coding experience.
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
Own Your Time
We are a completely remote team. That means we have a large amount of trust and a lot of flexibility. World travelers, young parents, nature lovers, and commute avoiders love working here. We also will pay for a co-working space in case you feel like working outside of your normal setting.
We insist that you take recharge time. We are closed for major holidays and then require that you take at least two weeks a year to refresh.
Care For Yourself
You’ll receive a health/wellness monthly stipend that goes towards covering medical insurance, dental insurance or joining a gym!
You will work together on a dedicated team with your eye on one finish line at a time. Our teams are nimble and agile, and cover the technical range you would expect in world class product delivery teams.
Learn at your edges
We believe in learning and provide unique programs that improve your tech skills, leadership skills and even challenge you in personal development. CleverFridays, guest speakers, mentorship opportunities and in-depth industry exposure are all on offer here. And of course, if you speak at a tech conference, we cover all expenses.
And keep your eye on the mail - we send out swag everywhere in the world and there are celebratory pictures of Clevertech socks, hoodies, and mugs all over Slack.
Want to learn more about Clevertech and the team? Check out why.clevertech.biz.
Life at Clevertech
We’re always looking for smart, driven, entrepreneurial developers to join our team.
If you like new ideas and want to work with a virtual but absurdly talented group of people in a learning-friendly environment, check out the open positions.
No matter what you do at Clevertech, you'll play a part in transforming ideas into software that changes the world.
Just answer a few quick questions and learn a little more about our culture.
We’re waiting for you, and ready to do great things together!