High response rate
This company responds to the majority of applications it receives.
About this job
Do you thrive on simplifying complicated systems and creating structure? We're looking for a data engineer with a passion for designing data platforms and solutions for businesses to access the information they need easily.
You'll have a proven track record in the architecture and optimisation of data systems and building the data pipeline from the bottom up. You must be able to select appropriate technology to match the needs of the business, while taking into account their current applications, standards and assets.
As a senior programmer, you'll have a methodical approach to streamlining data sources and be able to communicate effectively across teams to solve their challenges. In return, we'll offer a competitive rate and some amazing perks, plus we're a fun team to work with, we promise.
- Plan and implement an optimal data pipeline architecture
- Make sense of complex data sets to fulfil business requirements
- Identify and implement process improvements, automate manual processes, optimise data delivery, and design the infrastructure for scalability
- Enable optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a range of data sources using SQL and big data technologies
- Build analytics tools from the data pipeline to provide actionable business performance metrics such as for customer acquisition and operational efficiency
- Keep data secure
- Strive for innovative functionality of data systems by working with data and analytics experts
Skills & Competencies:
The successful candidate will have:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL)
- Programming languages including Python, possibly Node
- Working knowledge of a variety of databases (desirable)
- Experience designing, building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another similar field.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, Apache Spark, Hadoop
- Devops, CI/CD and infrastructure as code
- Open source data visualisation platforms such as Plotly, Tableau, Qlikview, Fusioncharts, Sisense, Chartio or similar
Life at DataTruth
DataTruth is a technical consultancy driven by data. We find answers to complicated problems by de-constructing systems and making sense of the data to reveal the truth. When we know what’s really going on, we can help businesses make better decisions about their company’s future.
Our pragmatic approach means we’re able to work across industries and after we’ve offered solutions, we’ll usually go the whole way to implement them too. Our team of data scientists, technical leads and software engineers have automated processes, developed apps and built powerful data dashboards for a range of clients from private investors to corporations.
We love to discover how things work and then apply that knowledge to solve real-world challenges. And the most important thing of all? We have fun doing it!
- 25 Days Holiday
- Pension Contributions
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Regular Socials!
- Closed over Christmas :-)