About this job
⚠️Read before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Data Engineering Team @Heetch
Our team's mission is to help the company generate confident insights, make better decisions and build data-driven products. We believe the data platform is the digital nervous system of Heetch and that empowering everyone in the company with data access is critical to our business success. As a new sub-team within Data Engineering, the Data Infrastructure team is dedicated to designing, building and scaling our data platform and the underlying data infrastructure.
What will be your role?
You will enable Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Operations teams, tailor the data platform to their needs and empower them to solve challenging ML and analytics problems. If you're experienced, passionate and interested in leading the transformation of our data infrastructure, we would love to talk to you!
Does it sound like you?
- You've architected, built, scaled, tuned and maintained large-scale distributed systems in a production environment, specifically on top of AWS.
- You've got proven experience working with data technologies that power data platforms (e.g.: Spark, Presto, Kafka, Airflow, Avro, Redshift, ElasticSearch, etc.).
- You've led DevOps topics such as CI/CD, containerization, monitoring, etc. in a data ecosystem.
- You display strong coding skills in Python and Scala with a focus on maintainability, scale, and automation.
- You love to work autonomously and take on unconstrained problems.
- You can drive a vision, estimate the associated tasks and plan from development to delivery.
- You take pride in sharing and gathering knowledge through documentation, advocacy and getting soaked in stakeholders use cases.
What will you do?
- Build frameworks, libraries, and abstractions to enable easy and reliable data processing, ingestion and exposition
- Automate data pipeline and services deployment and configuration management
- Support, manage and handle operations on cloud-based data technologies (e.g., clusters, serverless applications, APIs, databases)
- Monitor the health of the data platform through automation
- Handle periodic on-call rotations
- Allow data engineering and data science to execute their pipelines through workflow management
What will be your challenges?
- Build the next generation of our data platform using open source big data technologies such as Kafka, Kafka Streams, Airflow, Spark, Metacat and Kubernetes
- Enable data scientists to test and productionize various ML models to enhance the performance of our marketplace
- Craft robust infrastructure foundations to support API-based data access including finatra microservices and AWS Lambda functions
- Support, manage and handle operations on our MPP databases (Redshift, Presto)
- Design change data capture from PostgreSQL databases to feed the data lake
- Simplify data integration with Apache Gobblin
- Enable dataset discovery, metadata exploration, and change notification
- Unlock acceptance testing with Airflow, Spark, and Cucumber
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
- Non-technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
- Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
- Interview with your future teammates (1h)
- Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders
Life at Heetch
Heetch is a mobility app with a simple mission: We want people to enjoy going out.
Every night and every day, our drivers are doing their best to make their rides unforgettable and friendly! We are focused on young people's expectations and are competing within a fast-paced market.
The service launched in Paris in September 2013 has been growing ever since, with thousands of daily rides in France, Belgium, and Morocco. With more than 1 million users in Europe, we are proud to be one of the fastest growing French startups!
- Full remote and flexible ways of working
- Paid conferences attendance/travel
- Code Retreat
- 2 company seminars
- Travel budget to visit your co-workers
- Heetch Credits