About this job
Please read this entirely before applying!
This role has two components, and you must have both: AWS Systems architecture and API development. We are looking for an experienced system and software architect who has experience with AWS, Containers (Docker), and Node.
- On the systems side, you will be taking on problems of system scale, security, devops, and deployment, for our medical apps and supporting data mining and analytics of a growing medical dataset. You will be supporting our API development needs, contributing to data mining and machine learning, and supporting system growth and maintainability.
To that end, you will be re-architecting and re-factoring our code into discrete components that can be deployed and scaled independently on AWS. This will involve knowledge of or learning about many AWS offerings ranging from containers, deployments, monitoring, and computing resources. You will be creating UNIX scripts to launch and control these deployments, and overseeing the monitoring and reporting of the system and its applications.
Your experiences should indicate:
- Expertise with Linux systems and their administration
- A high degree of familiarity with AWS offerings such as IAM, EC2, ELB, ALB, ECS, security groups, and container management via Docker
- Experiences with System Architecture issues and practices involving security and scaling.
- Experience and enthusiasm for developing APIs including at least a familiarity with our API tools.
- If you have experience with an EHR or medical systems, which is a plus.
If you demonstrate your ability to learn complex systems and find effective solutions to harder engineering problems, then we can support you to learn here with us.
This job is a remote hire located in the US, Canada, EU, and South America. You can work from your home or from a workspace. We will work with you to be fully connected member of our team. The majority of our staff is located remotely!
You care about doing good and finding ways to help other people. We care about the work we do, and how we do it. We care about friendly and effective teams and a civil work life. We care about our patients and their outcomes.
Please provide a cover letter describing your interest in PeerWell and this position, and explaining how you fit this role. Applications without such a letter will NOT be considered. We want to know a bit about who you are as a person as well as your engineering capabilities.
Life at PeerWell Inc.
About PeerWell Inc.
Patient Well Being
Our first concern is always patients. All the features we create and their quality is driven first and foremost by what benefits our patients the most. Along the way, we serve the system that delivers care through patient's providers and the healthcare payers. Everything derives from serving our patients.
Secure, Reliable & Flexible Data
The features we build generate data. Some of it entirely unique to PeerWell. That data must be securely held, it must be reliably available, and be usable for innovation. We combine our patient data into populations so that we can discover and help predict the direction of patient outcomes, and thereby provide patients with information and guidance to aid their recovery. So building secure, reliable, performative and flexible systems is always a focus.
We seek to make sure our products not only perform but provide an excellent experience along the way. There are many users we serve ranging from patients, to nurses, and doctors, and insurers, and others. We seek to produce defect free software to serve them all, whatever their roles are with respect to the patient.
Innovation and Appropriate Problem Solving
We are looking to improve a very large and complex healthcare system. Our approach is through innovations that provide better care, efficiency, and knowledge to all the players. To this end we have created some never seen before innovations using smart-phones alone in the past couple of years, and we aim to do more. For example:
- Joint Range of Motion
- Exercise Compliance
- in-home Hazard Detection
Sometimes, we apply well-known solutions and at others when innovation is needed we create something new. The point is, we innovate where it matters and has impact on patients and on the players who serve them.
We work together, often in different timezones. We expect kind and conscientious engagement with each other. Communication is essential, and honesty key. We are a diverse group of people with a variety of values, and we make it safe for everyone to do their work and express themselves.
- Fully Remote Company! Work From Home, or Anywhere in USA, EU, Americas
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid travel to meet with colleagues 2x per year (or more)
- In US, health, vision, and dental benefits
- Allocation for home equipment setup