About this job
What We Do:
- We are full stack engineers with experience building web scale services in a loosely coupled but highly integrated system, as well as developing web scale single-page web apps with modern web technology.
- We are a mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem we solve.
What we look for:
- Breadth of experience (and interest) in different languages and frameworks.
- Skilled full stack developer, or an expert back-end and DevOps developer.
- Ability to solve complex problems requiring in-depth analysis.
- Over 7 years of professional software engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience as the go to person and in mentoring others.
- Mastery of your chosen tools.
- Knowledge of Agile best practices.
- Capable Communicator.
- Crazy passionate about learning new stuff.
- Strong knowledge of, and adherence to, coding best practices.
- Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree preferred.
GET IN ON ALL THE AWESOME AT INSTRUCTURE:
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment
- Food, lots of food.
Life at Instructure
Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use software. (And that’s what we did / do / will keep on doing.) We are dedicated to the fight against iffy, mothbally, shoddy software. We make better, more usable tools for teaching and learning (you know, stuff people will actually use). A better connected and more open edtech ecosystem. And more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, AD&D, Life
- Paid time off and 9 paid holidays
- HSA program, Vision, and more
- Free gym membership and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Flexible schedule
- Fully stocked kitchen and catering
- 401K (with a company match) and Tuition Reiumbursement
- Lifty desks, comfy chairs, and a casual dress code
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan