Our Hotel Data Specialists have a singular focus on efficiently getting the best hotel suites live on our site, and most importantly, with the right data. This role of helping to expand and manage our database of hotels is pivotal for Suiteness. The Hotel Data Specialist will work directly with the VP of Hotel Data and the Data Team, and will liaise with others in our company as well as with hotel partners. This is an immediate-start full-time position with benefits. Suiteness is a remote-first company headquartered in Oakland, CA so this position has the flexibility to be done remotely.
- Support the onboarding of hotel partners: create new hotel and suite profiles, track the onboarding process steps, coordinate and email with hotels, guide hotels through the onboarding process, and work through the direct integration process.
- Maintain our suite database: preserve the integrity of our data and content by making changes where needed to ensure we have the most accurate data possible.
- Call hotels to gather data on unique suite inventory: reach out to hotels and be persistent in working with them to gather accurate data on unique suites.
- Support new market launches: as our company rapidly expands, help create new hotel content including data input for market launches.
Suiteness is the only place to book luxury hotel suites online. We started in 2012, we’ve raised our funding from great investors like YC, Structure Capital, and Bullpen Capital. We value the following ideals:
- Open and honest communication - Everything we do is in the open, every day we all meet and talk about what we are working on and how we are performing.
- Work life balance - We take work-life balance seriously. We started Suiteness because we were also starting families and keeping those two in balance is near impossible at most companies.
- Respect and assuming positive intent - Trust is given out quickly and taken back slowly. We all make mistakes and we want to foster an environment of solving problems without blame.
- Humble self-starting craftspeople - We do not believe in hand-holding. We learn as we go, iterate and get better. We want to be the best at what we do. Our focus is on doing the best work and learning more without ego.
- Travel is when we are happiest - We are in the travel industry because we love it. We get together twice every year for company-wide retreats when the whole team is treated to the same level of experience as our customers get, including staying in suites at amazing hotels.
NOTE: Please ask yourself if these values really and truly align with who you are and the qualities you possess before applying. We take these ideals very seriously - as seriously as our team’s ability to adequately perform in each of our respective roles - and we pride ourselves in hiring others that do, too.
Our Hiring Process:
We'll review your application to see that it meets our requirements. You'll then be given a data assignment to complete on your own, within the time constraints outlined in the email we’ll send to you. The objective of the assignment is to give you an idea of the type of data we gather to create hotel and suite profiles on our website.
Upon submission of your completed assignment, we'll reach out with feedback. Should you move onto the next round, you will then be scheduled for a video interview to further discuss your background and interest in the role.
If selected, you will progress to second-round interviews, and eventually third-round interviews. At every step, we'll endeavor to be respectful of your time and life circumstances, so let us know what we can do to make our process work for you.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A 4-year degree
- A minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Top-notch organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Experience in and affinity for data input
- Ability to balance accuracy and precision with efficiency and timeliness
- A self-starter mentality, is reliable, and can take ownership and run with their projects
- Ability to quickly adapt to constant changes in a startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to and ability to quickly become proficient in new online productivity tools (e.g. Basecamp, Salesforce, Gmail, Google Drive, Airtable, Slack, etc.)
- Passion for accurate data, hotels, and technology
- Excellent phone skills and doesn’t mind spending time talking to hotels to get to the bottom of things
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- Eligibility to work in the US
It would also be great if you had these things:
- Experience working for a remote-first company
- Experience working for a tech startup
- Experience working with hotels
- Time zone that works with a West Coast headquarters
- Unlimited PTO with a minimum time off requirement
- 100% employee coverage and 50% family coverage for health, dental and vision
- Twice-yearly company off-sites at exciting and fun locations
- Equity in the company
To apply: https://www.workable.com/j/106961A077