About this job
WSM is an established industry-leading technical services and solutions integrator undergoing a rapid growth phase due to demand for our cloud adoption, migration, transformation, security and DevOps services.
We offer virtually unlimited career growth potential for talented and motivated developers, systems engineers and server administrators.
We thrive in a casual, open, friendly and collaborative environment. Our work is rewarded with very good pay and an awesome benefits plan including health, term life, short and long term disability, 401k with company match (yeah!), profit sharing plan, equity program, dental, vision and flexible PTO. This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position.
You'll help plan, architect, consult and execute on a wide range of workload, application and data/cloud migration and DevOps related projects, working both independently and as part of our systems engineering team.
- Assist with Discovery, Scoping and Planning of cloud adoption related projects
- Perform proof-of-concept for server and cloud migration projects
- Collaborate with team members as well as operate individually to execute all phases of complex migration projects
- Maintain existing Windows and/or Linux-based environments
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our customer's objectives and related system interactions through direct customer, partner and/or WSM business staff communications, meetings and project discovery sessions
- Work closely with partners, customers and colleagues to define and clarify project plans, deliverables, expectations, and scheduling
- Contribute to DevOps tool chain implementation, DR and/or security initiatives as a part of the overall server or cloud transformation & migration engagement for WSM customers and partners
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years Experience with multiple operating systems such as Windows and Linux-based systems
- Experience with establishing, deploying, and monitoring cloud-based application environment
- One or more AWS or Azure certifications are required
- Experience operating virtualization in a data center, migrating applications from data center to cloud, or planning and executing similar scale and technology programs
- Working knowledge of networking infrastructures, including LAN, WAN, VPN, Virtual Network, Subnet, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of cloud security
- Experience with managing applications in Public Cloud Providers, including AWS or Azure
- Experience with monitoring of systems, networks for performance, uptime, and security
- Virtual and physical servers support
- Familiarity with VMWare and Openstack
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Moderate understanding of networking technologies (subnetting, routing, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Basic database knowledge (SQL/MySQL)
- Basic familiarity with at least one virtual machine system (KVM, VMWare, VirtualBox, etc.)
- MCP, MCSE or MCITP, or RHCE certifications
- Chef or Puppet experience
- Experience with DB's such as SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Microsoft TFS or Bamboo
Life at WSM International LLC
About WSM International LLC
WSM is a solutions integrator with a core focus on migration and transformation services. WSM pioneered the migration services industry in 2003, and today is the largest specialized migration services provider in the world.
Our team of business analysts, consultants, architects, data migration engineers and software developers have tens of thousands of hours of experience in planning and executing the migration of servers/workloads, applications, and complex IT infrastructures. As an SI focusing on migration and transformation services, we are not limited to pushing a single tool or solution to accomplish every migration project. WSM's consultants and migration engineers develop a custom detailed project plan for every migration project. Our migration plans may involve one or many different cutting-edge software solutions coupled with industry leading professional services to ensure uptime requirements are met, the migrated applications/workloads are fully tested, secure, and ultimately fully functional at the target environment.
Additionally, WSM's team provides strategic consulting and technical services in the following areas:
- Target Architecture Planning
- Discovery and Dependency Mapping
- Dev/Ops Tool Chain Implementation
- Disaster Recovery
- Security Vulnerability Scanning and Hardening
- Application/Workload Development
- Server Monitoring and Server Workload/Application Maintenance
- Top Notch Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k With Company Match!
- Casual Dress
- Flexible PTO policy
- iPhone/Unlimited Service
- Flexible Remote Work
- Amazing Co-Workers
- Family Friendly
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Equity Program