About this job
Spencer’s and Spirit Halloween are looking for a talented and driven Developer to provide architectural direction and technical expertise in Digital and Omni-channel initiatives. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and application support of our eCommerce platform (Oracle Micros), and supervise a small team of developers to execute a multiyear roadmap
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with internal and vendor’s technical teams across the full software development life cycle understanding platform architecture and roadmap
- Be a hands on Developer of a high performance development team
- Responsible for cross-functional projects with respect to development/testing/implementation on projects that effect corporate and E-Commerce Platforms
- Ensure optimal processes are in place to support software development and support activities
- Optimize processes, SLA’s and other metrics that are in place to monitor and measure software development projects, ongoing support & Maintenance activities
- Provide feedback regarding technical requirements, timelines and software concerns
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field
- Retail or direct to customer eCommerce industry experience required
- Must have 3 or more years of hands on experience with Java based technologies and frameworks and experience in:
Utilizing n-tier development, SDLC and Object-oriented design.
Utilizing problem-solving know-how, especially debugging and troubleshooting complex software orchestrations, and identifying solution options and/or alternatives.
Scoping and estimating project tasks, as well as managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision
Leading e-commerce and multichannel/Omni-channel initiatives, including digital development, user experience, organizational change and technology.
Experience working on projects adhering to PCI regulations
- Designing and developing highly scalable/high traffic multi-site/multi-tenant transactional B2B, B2C e-Commerce websites. Building custom solutions using OCP (Open Commerce Platform). Hardcore developer with a strong passion for designing and developing innovative solutions using best of the breed JAVA technologies.
Life at Spencer's
- Paid Time Off
- Aggressive bonus plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On site Corporate gym and basketball and tennis courts
- Summer hours
- 30% off associate & family discount
- Subsidized lunches