About this job
WalletHub is one of the leading personal finance destinations in the U.S. and rapidly growing. We're looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior Java Developer for a full-time, permanent position.
Expected work schedule is 50 hours/week Monday to Friday. Please be aware this position requires an overlap with EST business hours (8am - 7pm ET, including 1 hour break).
- Designs and develops web applications using Java, Spring Framework, MySQL
- Designs and develops unit test cases to make the code more robust
- Participates in pairing and code reviews
- Supports and troubleshoots problems with existing applications
- Participates in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
You are the ideal candidate for this job if you have:
- Over 3 years experience in Java, Spring and MySQL (or any relation database)
- Experience developing web and stand-alone applications in Spring technologies such as: Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Batch
- Proven ability to lead a small group of developers and the willingness to mentor junior developers
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Willingness to work hard
- Proficient with spoken/written English
Nice to have but not required
- Experience in PHP
- Experience with unit testing framework, test driven development
- Very competitive salary based on prior experience and qualifications
- Potential for stock options after the first year
- Raise and advancement opportunities based on periodic evaluations
- Health benefits (in case you will be working from our office in Washington, D.C.)
- Visa sponsorship (after 18 months with the company, based on performance, in case you will be working from outside the U.S.)
Although we appreciate your interest in working with us, due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Life at Wallethub
WalletHub helps all consumers reach top financial fitness by providing:
• Free credit scores and credit reports that are updated on a daily basis.
• Free 24/7 credit monitoring and personalized advice that will help you improve your credit and save money.
• More reviews on financial products, professionals and companies than any other website.
• An extensive education center coupled with the ability to ask financial experts your money-related questions for free .
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Work visa sponsorship
- Competitive salary
- Work from home