About this job
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge we're processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week. Our mission ‘making repeat orders easier for everyone' began four years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 100 remote-first employees around the globe.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our feature team and collaborate on a critical part of the platform by delivering world class features to our end users. This team is responsible for developing end user customer experiences, making sure they function as designed, and are delivered on time.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Write code (python) focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work with engineering and product managers to understand roadmap priorities.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 5+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Experienced in of one of the following languages: Python (preferred), Node.js, Ruby, Java, Go
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, serverless infrastructure
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Life at ReCharge Payments
About ReCharge Payments
In 2015, we built ReCharge to make payments easy for everyone. By constantly finding solutions for customers to reorder products, we are now able to help over 10,000 business dramatically grow and thrive. We have two missions at ReCharge: make it easy for people to sell subscription products online, and create an amazing remote-first culture.
The first mission began as three people working out of a small apartment, trying to solve one of the biggest problems facing Shopify merchants: recurring payments. Now we’re at the forefront of recurring billing software, empowering thousands of entrepreneurs to sell their products as subscriptions, and processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
Our culture is remote-first and we stay connected every day using Slack and video chat. Being part of a small, fast-growing company is exciting. The opportunities to grow and take ownership at ReCharge are endless and we’ll make sure you have everything you need to do your best work and make a big impact.
How We Work
The best people are everywhere, not just in the radius around our headquarters in Santa Monica, California. Work is an action, not a place at ReCharge and that’s why we've expanded our horizons from the Andes in Argentina to the Rockies in Denver, Colorado. By expanding our reach to build remote-first teams we've been able to uncover outstanding talent around the globe and are rapidly approaching 100 employees.
The ReCharge team maintains a work-life balance approach. We understand that hobbies exist and encourage our employees to pursue them. After joining you'll quickly find you have teammates that surf, sail, cycle, read (hardcovers!), tour the country in bands and festival hop - all while doing great work and exceeding expectations. Above all, we realize if you empower people to pursue their passions, they will help change the world.
- Competitive compensation, health benefits, 401K
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) to pursue your passions
- Bi-annual team retreats and annual all staff retreat
- Monthly ReCharge subscription
- Equipment, we provide equipment of your choice