About this job
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 100+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a QA Automation Engineer who wants to help us make ecommerce easier for everyone.
We want you to join one of our product engineering teams and help us build a product our customers love. The product engineering team at TaxJar is solving complex problems on a daily basis, supporting our growing customer base and creating new solutions in a complex domain. We deal with large datasets, complex frequently-changing sales tax rules, and automating complex processes for thousands of business customers.
*This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the US.
As a QA Automation Engineer at TaxJar you will
- Work with the Engineering team in developing a QA testing strategy for projects
- Determining the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests, as well as the types of tests (UI, API, functional/performance/load, and so on)
- Build end-to-end smoke tests
- Create processes to validate data quality
- Improve and build upon our test suite, test guidelines, and testing culture
- Execute and report on the full test suite of our applications
- Review and test your teammates pull requests
- 3+ years of Software Testing & Engineer experience
- Advanced problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Proven and demonstrable skill building end-to-end smoke tests
- A strong understanding of Ruby on Rails and RSpec
- Ability to manage tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Have experience improving test suite performance
- Can perform load testing for services at scale
- Can document your morning routine using UML
- Only want to work remotely
- Are accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce merchants spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We're passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues.