About this job
Are you an ambitious Solutions Architect, looking for a new challenge, playing a key role in as part of a wider team delivering a wide a range of new technologies across a large enterprise environment? We want you to be a leader in the successful and exciting portfolio of programmes and projects
This leading University are looking to appoint a Solution's Architect within the Information Services department. The role is key in working within an established Architecture function designing solutions across our infrastructure and applications landscape, looking at how we can leverage new and existing technologies to help drive of Digital Strategy supporting our global community of over 50,000 students and staff.
As a member of the newly formed Solution Design team, you will play a key role within a wider skilled team of Solution Architects and Solution Designers, taking responsibility for key projects as directed by the Head of Solution Design, understanding the wider business drivers for change and capabilities of IT Services to determine suitable enterprise system designs and change requirements.
You will develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with the Enterprise Architects and the Solution Design team to align business, application, data and infrastructure architecture across the portfolio. As an ambassador of change, you will have a continuous improvement ethos, and will seek to work with the wider university and IT Services to develop solutions that are fit for purpose and will enable innovation.
- Proven experience in a Solution Architecture discipline across a range of technologies and disciplines
- Expertise in designing complex systems including discovering and analysing requirements analysis, understanding the context, identifying and assessing alternative solutions, selecting technologies and advising on configuration
- Experience or qualifications within TOGAF or equivalent framework is advantageous
- An awareness of current and emerging technologies and services
- You will be self-motivated and dynamic, and able to engage, challenge and influence others
- A track record of developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships across IT and the wider institution
- An ability to explain technical issues to non-specialists, and to write clear technical reports and other formal documentation for solution deployments and evaluations is essential.
As an employer of choice, the University offers an extensive benefits package including:
- A competitive salary package
- 30 days leave up to 5 closure days plus bank holidays
- Excellent average salary pension scheme
- An extensive training and development plan for this role and those within the Solution Design team
Close date Wednesday 22nd January
Please note interviews will take place on 31st January or 4th February
For more information please contact Amanda Whicher 020 7259 8746