About this job
As more companies adopt public cloud infrastructure and the increase sophistication and harm caused by cyber attacks, the ability to safeguard companies from these threats have never been more urgent.
Lacework’s novel approach to security fundamentally converts cyber security into a big data problem. They are a startup based in Silicon Valley that applies large scale data mining and machine learning to public cloud security. Within a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure), their technology captures all communication between processes/users/external machines and uses advanced data analytics and machine learning techniques to detect anomalies that indicate potential security threats and vulnerabilities. The company is led by an experienced team who have built large scale systems at Google, Paraccel (Amazon Redshift), Pure Storage, Oracle, and Juniper networks. Lacework is well funded by a tier one VC firm and is based in San Jose, CA.
They are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer with strong AWS and Kubernetes experience who is excited about building an industry leading, next generation Cloud Security System.
You will be a part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and performance guarantees. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape their technologies, products and business.
- Assist in managing Technical Operations, Site Reliability, production operations and engineering environments
- Run production operations for their SaaS product
- Manage the monitoring System
- Debugging live production issues
- Manage Software release roll-out
- Use your engineering skills to promote platform scalability, reliability, manageability and cost efficiency
- Work with the engineering and QA teams to provide your valuable feedback about how to improve the product
- Participate in on-call rotations (but there is really not a lot of work since you will automate everything!)
- 4+ years of relevant experience (Technical Operation, SRE, System Administration)
- AWS experience
- Experienced Scripting skills Shell and / or Python
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Ability to define and follow procedures
- Great communication skills
- Computer Science degree
Life at Source Coders Inc
- Startup culture
- Private medical
- Uncapped commission/bonuses
- Work from home on Tuesday and Thursday
- Flexi times
- Team incentive trips