About this job
Pantheon is looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join our team, either remote or onsite at our SF or Minneapolis office (on US hours.) We’re expanding an impressive and growing platform that powers hundreds of thousands of websites, millions of containerized resources, billions of monthly page views, and development tools that professional website developers use on a daily basis.
Along the way, we’ve written tools to manage containers at scale, built a massive multi-tenant distributed file system, contributed to open source communities (WordPress, Drupal, Fedora, Chef, systemd, cURL, Sensu…) and a whole lot more.
We have a lot more growing to do though! Your expertise will help us continue to innovate and manage complexity even as we grow in size, feature depth and across data centers.
Cool Stuff You'll Do
- Develop a new authorization strategy that will support our service architecture.
- implement a backend for frontend to aggregate APIs across the backend.
- Help stabilize a standard service pattern that will enable us to grow our business and our team.
- Close collaboration with the wider engineering team to both deliver platform improvements and provide subject-matter-expertise for other technical initiatives.
- Continuous improvements to our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication.
What You Bring To The Table
- Knowledge of large-scale platforms and the design of scalable, robust services in the real world.
- An affinity for service-oriented architecture with complex APIs and data models ( Relational database experience - as MySQL / CloudSQL ).
- A strong knowledge of programing languages, and software patterns.
- Passion and integrity (and humor) that makes our team better as a whole
Bonus points for:
- Experience developing software services spanning multiple data centers.
- Strong experience in Python ( experience with the Twisted framework ).
- Exposure to frameworks such as Django.
- Experience developing software services hosted in the cloud and distributed cloud systems (Google Cloud / AWS).
- Experience working on complex refactoring projects.
- Experience with using (or choosing not to use!) Kubernetes, and CloudSQL.
Cool Stuff You'll Get in Return
We have all the usual benefits and perks you'd expect from a high tech company, but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
In addition, Pantheon's Engineering team contributes to many Open Source projects, including Fedora, Systemd, Sensu, and Drupal. Our core mission is based on Open Source Content Management
Systems, and our stack is built upon Open Source. See more about our contributions at https://pantheon.io/open-source
We have all the usual benefits and perks you'd expect from a high tech company, but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team. And oh yeah, some other things to note:
- fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- discounts on custom bicycles - the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle
- paid Maternity and Paternity Benefits (with Mother’s Room at HQ)
- dog-friendly office
- monthly gym and book allowance
- volunteer opportunities
- fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches
- kombucha on tap and omg...did you say Its-Its are in the freezer?
* Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Life at Pantheon Systems
- 100% employee health premiums and 50% of dependents covered
- Mother's room with top of line equipment and paid parental leave
- Fully loaded kitchen, amazing catered lunch, and kombucha on tap
- Monthly Book and gym allowances; discounts on custom bicycles
- Dog friendly office and volunteer outings
- Training and development opportunities, and top-of-the-line equipment.
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Amazing coworkers and office spaces