About this job
Our team is expanding as our company continues to grow from a small start-up to an evolving 4+ year company. We have an opportunity to bring on software engineers who are comfortable working with multiple languages on our full stack application (Java/Spring and Angular/React) and our AWS cloud-based services mainly written in Python and NodeJS Lambda services. We are in search of engineers who are interested in working across many languages.
Our engineering team has a strong spirit of entrepreneurship. Every member of the team has joined us over our short history because he/she wants to be part of a high-performing team and go through the startup experience. We look for candidates that share similar goals and beliefs about the work and the team they want to be a part of. We've put together some notes here which will tell you and show you a little bit about our experience.
We are a growing group of engineers, designers and product specialists. Anyone who applies to work on our team is specifically looking for an opportunity to be able to:
- Work hand-in-hand with our Product Managers, UX/Designers and Customers on each feature and improvement.
- Own the technical design, implementation and quality engineering of our full stack application and Lambda services.
- Participate in constant collaboration with teammates in the form of pair programming, group code reviews and pull requests prior to commit.
- Deploys: our engineers deploy multiple times a day to our AWS infrastructure.
- On-call rotation: every member of the team, including the VP of Engineering participates in the on-call rotation.
- Technical support: Our engineers don't just release code in the wild. When our customer have issues, we have to jump in and give them help.
Skills & Requirements
- You are a Java expert with a strong understanding of Spring, MySQL, Linux, Apache ActiveMQ and are comfortable working with Cassandra, Redis or ElasticSearch.
- Experience or interest working with TypeScript and GraphQL.
- Interest and/or experience with Python and NodeJS.
- Have an eye for quality and have an interest in using tools/frameworks like Enzyme, Prettier, ReactTestRenderer, Jest, JUnit, StoryBook, etc...
- Interest to work with newer technologies such Apache Kafka and AWS Lambda
- Interest and experience working with Docker and Kubernetes as well as Vagrant and Ansible
- AWS Services: S3, EC2, CloudFront, Lambda
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.
Life at Contrast Security
About Contrast Security
At Contrast, our goal is the make the Internet safer day by day. We are always interested in meeting talented and creative technologists who share this goal. We’ve built some amazing technology thus far and are shaking up the way the world looks at application security. We know that our products can get better with new voices and ideas.
Are you looking to make a difference? Are you a problem solver, but want to be challenged with complex and interesting problems. Do you believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges? Do you long to be an early contributor to a product and a company culture? Do you ever wish you were there in the early days of these startups everyone is talking about? Here's a little about what we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Daily team lunches
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Choice of a MacBook Pro or Microsoft Surface Pro
- Fantastic Medical, Dental and Vision which we cover most of the costs!
- Free lunches most days and a packed fridge of snacks and drinks
- Stock options, Competitive comp, Performance-based option grants
- Flexible and open vacation model
- 401k, HSA, FSA options
- Choice of a brand new MacBook Pro or Microsoft Surface Pro
- Amazing views of Baltimore including 2 outside decks on the water.
- Exciting work in the field of security using cutting-edge tech stack
- Competitive benefits and time off for new/expecting parents
- Dog friendly office