About this job
⚠️Read before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Core SRE Team @Heetch
We work on our core infrastructure throughout its entire life cycle, from design and architecture, through implementation, deployment and sustaining operations. Our team delivers important system properties: reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability, for the systems that our passengers and drivers use every day. Our infrastructure receives millions of events per day and also processes millions of API requests. We also serve over a dozen thousand rides daily.
Our team's values
- Move smart: We are data-driven, and employ tools and standards to ship code quickly and safely (continuous integration, code review, automated testing, etc.).
- Distribute knowledge: We want to scale our team to a point where our contributions do not stop at the company code base. We believe in the Open Source culture and communication with the outside world.
- Unity makes strength: Moving people from A to B is not as easy as it sounds but, we always keep calm and support each other.
- Always improve: We value personal progress and want you to look back proudly on what you’ve done.
- Ship small but often: We consistently deliver value to other developers to avoid building up frustration caused by long development cycle
- Automate all the things: We think that most maintenance and manual actions can be automated to reduce friction, mistakes and offers a better scaling of the delivery pipeline.
- Strong ownership: Our team has a broad scope of responsibilities and internal customers whom we serve to the best of our ability.
Does it sound like you?
- DevOps mindset
- Go experience
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application and microservices
- Strong scripting skills(Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Rigour in code writing, test coverage and other best practices
- Great oral and written communication skills in English
- Adaptable and pragmatic problem solver
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Proficient with Docker
- Production experience with containers Orchestrators (Mesos/Marathon/K8S/…)
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing
- Working knowledge about AWS ecosystem
- Real world experience with Packer/Terraform
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience with message brokers(such as RabbitMQ or Kafka)
- Exposure to real-time technology problems
What will you do?
- Deliver love and happiness.
- Build tools and infrastructure to make the other development squads iterate faster without thinking too much about the infrastructure.
- Provide standards and share our knowledge with the rest of the organization.
- Work in a highly scalable microservices architecture.
- Maintenance & Monitoring of the platform
- Participate in an on-call rotation and contribute to needed escalation missions
What's next? If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
- Non-technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
- Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
- Interview with your future teammates (1h)
- Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders
Life at Heetch
Heetch is a mobility app with a simple mission: We want people to enjoy going out.
Every night and every day, our drivers are doing their best to make their rides unforgettable and friendly! We are focused on young people's expectations and are competing within a fast-paced market.
The service launched in Paris in September 2013 has been growing ever since, with thousands of daily rides in France, Belgium, and Morocco. With more than 1 million users in Europe, we are proud to be one of the fastest growing French startups!
- Full remote and flexible ways of working
- Paid conferences attendance/travel
- Code Retreat
- 2 company seminars
- Travel budget to visit your co-workers
- Heetch Credits