About this job
Why is an Experienced Go Software Engineer important at Theorem?
As a Software Engineer, you’ll have ownership and responsibility for technical architecture, implementation, and maintenance of our platforms and products.
Working at Theorem won’t be boring! You will have the opportunity to advocate for and learn new techniques and technologies in the pursuit of high quality, reliable systems that solve real problems. You will be asked to consistently improve the way we work as we strive to achieve optimal velocity and frequently ship software you are proud of, and that reliably solves problems for our clients.
At Theorem you can make a significant impact while enjoying a flexible work schedule.
What are examples of work that an Experienced Go Engineer does at Theorem?
- Writes Go, writes more Go, and then enjoys writing even more Go (golang)
- Loves tackling complex problems in distributed computing, fault-tolerant storage, distributed queuing, and more
- Builds high quality, well-designed, and scalable SaaS platforms
- Works with Go, Docker, Kubernetes, and NoSQL databases
- Is accountable for the quality of the products and features delivered
- Participates in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- Collaborates across the company to define, design, build and improve our products and processes
Note: This role may require occasional travel to client sites within the USA. Candidates located within UTC - 3 to UTC - 8 will be given priority for team time zone alignment.
- Honesty, kindness, and a drive to deliver results
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Hands on development experience scaling complex systems
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members and exchange ideas
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Go and at least one other programming language
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Possess a passion for software development
- Possess a drive to get things done
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Open-minded and demonstrates a passion for continuously learning
- Possess a strong and reliable Internet connection
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC - 8
- Three or more years of experience successfully applying the skills we are looking for
Skills that would be nice to have:
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience building service-oriented architectures
- Experience building non-REST APIs such as GraphQL
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect and build distributed systems, APIs, and web applications
- Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a collaborative and distributed team
- Collaborate in a consultative environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
Do you like to make progress?! Do you enjoy collaborating in a consultative environment and guiding people using best practices to achieve great results? Do you want to influence and contribute to the growth of Theorem? If so, we want to know more about you!
Life at Theorem
Theorem is a team of experts steeped in the theory and practice of mathematics and computer science. This is the core of our iterative, hypothesis-driven process. We are craftspeople who build amazing products for some of the largest global household names. We believe in cultivating a high degree of leadership and technical excellence in all of our team members. Together we build applications that solve our customers' business-critical problems.
While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world
- 100% REMOTE - Work from your remote location if you are not called to travel to client site
- TEAM RETREATS - We get together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play
- HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness and continuing education benefits program.
Theorem expects team members to be honest, kind, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, skills development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of our relationship, will be made without regard to race, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment engagement status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, physical features, or any other protected status. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.
Theorem is an equal opportunity employer.
No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.
- Open Vacation Policy
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Flexible Work Hours
- Paternity & Maternity Leave
- Education Allowance
- Conference Assistance
- Annual Company Retreat