About this job
We are looking for people to join our quality engineering team at Hazelcast.
Are you tired of testing single-threaded, non-distributed and relatively trivial code? Would you like to take a deep dive into GC logs on a daily basis? Have you ever dreamed of working with so many different technologies, languages, environments and tools that would make your CV not fit on a scroll paper?
We're looking for a passionate developer with strong focus on quality. In your future position, based on your preference, you could dive into:
- discovering non trivial consistency issues in a distributed environment,
- performance testing in a big scale scenarios (TBs in memory),
- testing on various, sometimes non-typical, platforms like Linux, Windows, Solaris, z/OS and VMWare,
- becoming a true automation master using scripting languages and Jenkins.
We would love you to drop us a CV, if you:
- are a Java master,
- are truly passionate about your work, like digging deep into the problem and never give up before solving it,
- are interested or have advanced knowledge of concurrency, distributed systems or performance testing,
- would like to speak at conferences as a part of your job, and
- feel comfortable working in a distributed team of people with multiple nationalities all around the world.
*This position does not involve any UI testing, so please don't send us your CV if you're a Selenium tester.*
You may either work in our office (Brno, London or Istanbul) or code remotely from a home office. It is also preferable that you are within a few hours of the CET timezone as this is where most of the developers are based.
At Hazelcast, we're best known for the world's simplest and most powerful open source in-memory data grid named Hazelcast IMDG. Besides that, we're expanding our area of expertise to stream and batch processing with lightweight, embeddable and fast Hazelcast Jet. Our community is counted to tens of millions starts of our software every day all around the world.
Join us to be part this exciting path to the future of distributed computing!
Life at Hazelcast
When you use Hazelcast's products, you notice that they are simple to use. Hazelcast nodes join together to form a cluster that is more powerful than any individual node. These qualities go beyond the Hazelcast software and are the basis for our company culture.
Hazelcast 111 (one-eleven) is the cultural ”source code” for the company. The name is derived from the idea that 1 + 1 + 1 can equal more than 3. Together we can be much more powerful than we are alone. These principles govern the professional behavior of Hazelcast team members and set expectations with the Hazelcast community about what they can expect when working with our team. We strive to make Hazelcast a great place to work for those who share these principles.
- Quality: Strive to deliver software that is reliable, stable, and free of defects.
- Positivity: Solve problems or communicate about them in a constructive way.
- Scalable Thinking: Make things work well as they scale up or down.
- Bias Towards Simplicity: Try to make things as simple as possible.
- Humility: Assume others are smart. Give credit to others for their ideas and work.
- Honesty: Say what needs to be said even if it is difficult. Have hard conversations.
- Ownership: Own your projects. Deliver on time. Coordinate with others. Escalate when stuck.
- Community Focus: Seek to improve the lives of Hazelcast team members, customers, and users.
- Commitment: Participate in the decision process. Once a decision is made, work to make it a success, even if you disagreed.
The correct implementation of 111 feels good to team members, customers, partners, investors, and open source users of Hazelcast. If we find that it does not feel good, we need to improve our implementation or specification of 111.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance, Voluntary Benefits, etc.