About this job
Hello. We are ShipHero (https://shiphero.com). We have built a software platform entrusted by hundreds of ecommerce companies, large and small to run their operations. Many of our customers sell on Shopify and/or Amazon. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses, by providing a platform that solves complex problems, and is engineered to be reliable and fast. We strive to build great technology, that is beautiful and easy to use. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing empathetic, talented and great people together - you can do great things.
Our team is remote, with most of our engineers currently either in New York or Argentina. We do daily stand-ups via Google Hangouts and communicate regularly using video chat and Slack.
We are seeking a semi-senior software engineer with proven programming and analytic abilities. You would be a fundamental member of the team focusing on building a solid foundation for the platform. We seek people who are excited and driven to continue growing with the experience of working with talented engineers, and help others improve. We are obsessed with disrupting an industry that desperately needs it, by continuing to build tools that help make our customers do great things.
You will work on our many integrations with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, Amazon, eBay and Etsy. The integrations are used at scale.
We are hiring engineers in American timezones only for now.
- You understand that great things are accomplished when teams work together.
- You’ve got lots of experience with PHP and web applications
- You have some AWS experience or equivalent
- You can code review other team members work and provide assistance and appreciate feedback.
- You take pride in your craft.
- You’ve learned from building systems and solutions the reasons to avoid technical debt, and how to approach and implement TDD and CI practices.
- You’ve made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, have learned from them.
- 4+ years of experience writing software
- Work on a cross-functional team including front end and UX to build solutions that are easy for customers to understand, work consistently and scale well.
- Maintain and balance our mission-critical PHP application, with the eventual goal of replacing it with our newer Python-based codebase.
- Review features and requirements and guide, design and implement solutions.
- Understand business requirements and think through solutions in terms of not just the coding implementation but also how the solution fits into the solution and how it solves a customer need.
- Ability to estimate effort and ship on agreed schedule. Comfortable pushing yourself and your team members when challenges pop up.
- Lead regular code reviews, with the goal of code quality, good design and approach along with pushing engineers to improve and evolve.
- Optimize existing tech stack and solutions, determine path to next step in the evolution.
- Learn, and push those around you to do the same - this is a craft that you’re constantly improving upon.
- Implement solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
- Have the confidence to work with experienced and talented people to just build great things, you’re not a “rockstar”.
- Work with ShipHero leadership to implement practices and principles for the team.
- $2.500 so you can buy any equipment you need to be happy at your job
- 20 days paid vacation + new year & christmas
- Conference days don't count against your vacation days, we want you to stay up-to-date
- We will pay for courses & conferences, if you learn we all learn
Life at ShipHero
Hello. We are ShipHero (https://shiphero.com). We have built a software platform entrusted by hundreds of ecommerce companies, large and small to run their operations and we continue to grow. About US$1billion of ecommerce orders are shipped a year via ShipHero. Many of our customers sell on Shopify and/or Amazon. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses, by providing a platform that solves complex problems, and is engineered to be reliable and fast. We are obsessed with building great technology, that is beautiful, easy to use and is loved by our customers. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing passionate, talented and great people together - you can do great things.
- Team Members distributed in the US and Argentina.
- Talented and experienced engineering team.
- Work with ShipHero leadership to implement practices and principles
- Interesting business problems to solve, that require in-depth thinking
- Disrupting an industry that needs it by building great software.
- Think through and build completely new product lines for the business
- Work with other talented team mates in Argentina
- Help shape the future of ecom and fulfillment