About this job
Do you enjoy any of the following?
- Solving complex problems.
- Reasoning about behaviour of distributed algorithms
- Experience with implementing non-trivial infrastructure code.
- Creating well crafted and thoroughly tested features, taking full-responsibility from the design phase.
- Paying attention to all aspects of code quality, from clean-code, to allocation-rates.
- Digging into mechanical sympathy concepts.
- Reading about database design and internals
- Delivering a technical presentation at a conference.
At Hazelcast you will work with the best engineers out there.
- Who delve into JVM code.
- Who implement and scrutinize garbage collection algorithms.
- Who take any piece of software and multiply its performance by applying deep technical understanding.
- Who regularly squash bugs in the depths of a JVM.
We are looking for people who can deliver solid production code. You may either work in our office (Brno, London or Istanbul) or code remotely from a home office. It is also preferable that you are within a few hours of the CET timezone as this is where most of the developers are based.
Skills & requirements
We would like you to:
- Be a senior Java engineer - including all aspects connected to it.
- Have and understanding of and interest in:
- distributed systems
- database design
- core java knowledge, such as the Java Memory Model
- Be skeptical yet always open to new concepts.
- Have strong opinions about software quality.
- Be an excellent communicator in written and spoken English.
Life at Hazelcast
Change the World of Distributed Computing
At Hazelcast we deliver simplicity. We work hard to provide the world’s simplest and most powerful open source in-memory data grid NoSQL product that is used by thousands of developers and organizations across the world.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance, Voluntary Benefits, etc.