About this job
About the Job:
Scrapinghub is looking for a Product Manager to lead development and launch of an innovative new approach to web scraping. You’ll work with a team to apply automation and machine learning to building web crawlers and, more generally, extracting data from the web. You’ll be working with one of the most advanced and comprehensive web crawling and scraping infrastructures in the world which powers crawls of over 4 billion pages a month.
Your key responsibility will be to bring this new technology & product to market.
Due to business requirements, the successful candidate must be based in Ireland. Candidates based in the EU and willing to relocate will also be considered.
- In conjunction with the team’s Tech Lead, prioritize the development work for each Sprint and work with the development team to ensure each Sprint’s objectives are met.
- Use numbers to drive results: measure and report on all initiatives.
- Review customer (internal and external) metrics and talk directly to customers in order to identify opportunities and compare those opportunities to one another.
- As the technology develops, identify opportunities to integrate into the rest of the Scrapinghub’s product and business lines
This role is perfect for you if:
- You have 3 years experience in a similar role.
- You have a strong background in Data Science. You don’t need to be an engineer but you’ll be working hand in hand with advanced data scientists and you’ll need to speak their language.
- You’ve brought entirely new products to market before and have a concrete history of getting results
- You are proficient in both excellent written and spoken English
- You believe that a project isn’t complete when the software is released; the results are what matter and you fine-tune to hit the intent rather than immediately moving to the next feature.
- You have a pragmatic, numbers-based approach to prioritization. Ideally a strong background in statistical analysis.
- You have some knowledge or familiarity with techniques and tools for crawling, extracting and processing data.
Life at Scrapinghub
Scrapinghub is a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services.
We’re a globally distributed team of 130 Shubbers working from over 30 countries who are passionate about scraping, web crawling, and data science.
As a new Shubber, you will:
Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
Autonomy to make the role your own, supported by great people
Join a team with huge opportunity to make a difference
Have the freedom to work from wherever you want.
Have the opportunity to go to conferences and meet with the team from across the globe.
Get the chance to work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
- Paid time off
- Paid open source work
- Global team meet ups