Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Why we do what we do:
Logikcull’s mission is to democratize discovery. The costs and risks associated with complex data projects like e-discovery, responding to FOIA requests, and conducting internal investigations are skyrocketing as the amount of data increases. Logikcull is transforming these tasks so they can be completed in minutes, by anyone, anywhere. As a result, our customers--modern legal teams from solo attorneys to massive law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and leading non-profit organizations -- can find and use important information quickly so they can focus on their important work, like pursuing a better democracy or saving the Earth.
Who we are:
Logikcull.com is instant discovery for modern legal teams. Its secure, cloud-based solution helps law firms and organizations of all sizes solve the expensive, complex, and risky challenges associated with eDiscovery, internal investigations, and open records response. With Logikcull, you can start a discovery project in five seconds, from anywhere at any time on any device.
What we need:
After a year of rapid growth, we are looking to bring on a new Engineering Manager to help support our distributed engineering team while providing guidance and mentorship. During the past year, our engineering team doubled in size, we saw 5X growth in the amount of data that we process and and our customer base grew by 10X. We are looking for someone who can help us to ensure that our engineers continue to have a great experience and are able to keep delivering the same high quality code. You will also help to plan and coordinate major projects for the team, set goals, and remove obstacles along the way. We have several exciting new projects and lofty goals on our strategic roadmap and we know that the team will need additional support to get us there. You will also help recruit new team members and create a world class onboarding and ongoing employee experience for them. You will get to work cross functionally across different departments, meet with customers to learn their pain points and exemplify our values.
What you'll be doing:
- Conduct 1:1’s, providing mentorship and feedback of current team members, making sure they have what they need to be successful
- Partner with Talent team to attract, retain, and grow world class talent
- Collaborate with Design and Product teams to create a clear roadmap to clarify priorities for your engineering team
- Monitor and communicate progress to stakeholders and make adjustments to scope as needed
- Provide context for engineers and help them to understand the “why”
- Assist engineers with breaking down large problems into small ones setting goals, and forming plans for how achieve them
- Remove any obstacles for your team and maintain blocks of uninterrupted time to help them to maintain a state of flow
- Assisting with Code Reviews on occasion
- Collaborate and coordinate about plans with other engineering managers
What we need from you:
- Understanding of and appreciation of servant leader model of leadership
- Desire to practice and improve the craft of management
- 3-5 years experience working on and managing distributed teams
- Ability to both inspire engineers and to hold them accountable for excellence
- A love of helping customers to solve problems
- Experience managing multiple cross-functional agile teams
Want to know more about what we do at Logikcull? Check this out!