About this job
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do exceptional things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Elastic is building out our Elastic Cloud Team focusing on Elastic as a Service. This is a great opportunity to help lead our Cloud efforts and make an immediate impact to our strategy and implementation.
Our cloud product allows users to create new clusters or expand existing ones easily This product would be built on technologies such as OpenStack, AWS, Docker, and others to enable the Operations Teams to easily create and manage multiple Elastic Clusters.
What You Will Do:
- Continuously integrate and automate deployment of latest Elastic stack versions to the cloud infrastructure
- Build and manage docker images for Elastic Stack components.
- Work closely with the core infrastructure and SRE team to ship new features in our SaaS platform.
What You Bring Along:
- CS or MS Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of object-oriented development with at least one of: Scala, Python, Java
- Experience building CI/CD infrastructure using Docker.
- Experience or ability to respond to operational issues
- A self starter who with experience working across multiple technical teams and decision makers
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Life at Elastic
Elastic builds software to make data usable in real time and at scale for search, logging, security, and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012, the company develops the open source Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash), X-Pack (commercial features), and Elastic Cloud (a SaaS offering). To date, there have been more than 100 million cumulative downloads. The Elastic community is 100,000 members strong. Thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, NASA, Microsoft, Mayo Clinic, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA with more than $100 million in funding, Elastic has a distributed workforce with more than 600 employees in 30 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
- 401k Matching Up to 6 % in US and Pensions in some other countries
- Vacation to be determined by location
- 100% distributed work
- Spacetime (Program for any developer in any team to innovate)
- Donation matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Engineering All-Hands bi-annually
- Volunteer Time-Off