About this job
FineTune is seeking a senior automation developer or automation QA for our AP and Pre-AP software product. We are a fully distributed and international team though 1/3 of us are in Boston Metro area. S/he will have the opportunity to work on mission critical software that is impacting 3-5 million students. If you are well versed in various
- e2e automated testing using cypress or nightwatch or selenium based testing
- setting up automated testing in docker based CI/CD pipeline
- hands on expertise in JS/Java/Python
- load testing (Python Locust)
- smoke testing
- test driven development
- have worked in QA'ing at least 3 production released software
- strategizing and prioritizing high value automation work
you are welcome to apply. S/he will be working with our development team, product owners, designers and increase the quality of the software that is serving 3 million+ students in US.
- Proven experience in understanding complex user needs with multiple stakeholders
- 5+ years of QA experience
- 3+ years experience with API testing, UI testing, end to end testing.
- 3+ years experience QA’ing high-availability enterprise software a plus
- 5+ years experience with Databases (SQL or noSQL)
- Experience with Cypress
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience with Locust for load testing
- Experience with apache bench
- JS, Java, Python based automation
- Strong Agile Experience
- Experience with continuous integration and test driven development
- Ability to dive deep into technical issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in debugging performance issues in docker, kubernetes and AWS ECS containers
- Experience with collaborating in github
- Desire to continuously, learn, improve and apply new technologies that will increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent a plus
As we prepare for rapid business growth from here, FineTune Learning is seeking to hire a Senior QA Automation Engineer who have worked in at least 3 production released software/web/mobile products. We are looking for people who have strong motivation to grow startup companies, who is agile and continuously improving themselves while having an opinion for great software components and services with great attention to detail in delivering reliable software that is well tested according to user expectations.
About FineTune Learning
We are working on a variety of projects from componentizing and enhancing front end reactjs to optimize user experience and reusability of components. We are constantly collecting data on users to help recommend better resources for their learning. We build interesting but simple dashboards that may help teachers become more data driven. We work on behavioral experiments via randomized control trial through our software. Our backend is mostly python/sqlalchemy and supports graphql and diverse set of databases depending on the application. We have continuous integration and continuous deployment via CircleCI. We care about scalability, automation and refactoring code to increase the software performance and support 5 million users. We work with our design team to make this experience engaging for effective learning. We practice agile and scrum and strive to continuously improve.
- Responsible time off
- 100% remote work/work from anywhere
- Profit sharing