About this job
Our market leading hospitality API platform is growing extremely quickly and as such we are looking for new engineers to join our fantastic, fully-remote engineering team.
As a Backend Engineer at Impala, you'll:
- Work on our existing API products that allows people to build the next generation of travel and hospitality technology.
- Spend time working on tooling that is used across our engineering organisation.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
What we're looking for:
- Someone who is comfortable working on greenfield projects, drawing on experience to choose technologies that suit the projects requirements.
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing tools and techniques.
- Experience working with AWS, the Elastic Stack, Docker and Git.
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases, (we use PostgreSQL & MongoDB).
What would make you stand out:
- Experience with React.
- Knowledge of CircleCI and Terraform.
- Experience working within a remote team.
Life at Impala
Impala is a team incredibly talented, helpful and outgoing individuals (plus one more modest individual that wrote this job post) with an engineering team that largely works remotely within -2/+2 GMT. We’re a diverse team that puts building a great product and being happy at work as our two guiding principles. We're also very well funded by industry leading investors.
We're also a remote company, and you will be able to either work from home or from a co-working office, within the UK or mainland Europe.
- A competitive salary and equity based on experience.
- Frequent socials.
- The ability to work remotely.
- Time dedicated every Friday afternoon for personal projects, lightning talks and team events.
- A monthly allowance for books and other educational materials.
- The opportunity to work alongside a tight knit and driven team.
Where we differ is:
- You'll be working in a company led by an engineer. You won't be asked to do the unrealistic and your skills will be tested and improved.
- You'll be working in a company that puts professional development front and centre.
- You'll have a demonstrable, strong role in product direction.
- We have an incredible culture and community.
- Remote work possible
- Pick your own gear
- Genuine product involvement
- Lots of opportunities for travel
- State of the art office space
- 36 days holiday per year
- Health and wellbeing policy
- Cheaper gym membership
- Great maternity/paternity policy