Headquarters: Munich, Germany
Is programming not just a boring job that pays your bills, but rather your passion? Does it not only consist of commands and functions for you, but rather a form of technical art? Then you are exactly the right person for us!
We’re looking for a programming wiz to become a part of our tech startup and work remotely as a full-time Backend Scala Developer.
Our goal is to create a slick and engaging new web platform, and we want you to be a critical part of it. We want you to join us and bring your own ideas and style to the company. You’ll be working remotely with a small international team, and you’ll have a lot of personal responsibility.
Join the team - What's in it for you?
· First things first: great colleagues ;-)
· Exercising a challenging key role, with the chance to influence the further growth and development of our company in a meaningful way
· Plenty of room for personal growth and continuous development - exchange of knowledge with renowned industry professionals and an award-winning agency
· A pleasantly open corporate culture with flat hierarchies; plenty of room to maneuver to successfully bring your creativity to bear
· A friendly start-up atmosphere with a highly motivated and diverse international team
· The opportunity to work from home with a SCRUM team distributed throughout the world
· Development of Telepado Messaging Platform backend within a small group
· Implementing features
· Writing Tests
· Providing support for clients developers (Android, iOS, Desktop)
· Managing Telepado Messaging Platform instances (deployment, issue investigation, bug fixes)
What you bring with you:
· Very good communicative skills in English language (written and spoken)
· A solid understanding of:
o Scala language elements of functional programming
o JVM basics, memory model, threads, principles of work
o data structures and basic algorithms
o systems design & networking (understanding basic principles)
· At least 2 years of experience working with:
o Scala on backend: servers, web
o Akka library: actors, streams, http
o Git and source management flows, deployment
· Bonus points for:
o Cats, cats-effect libraries
o Parser combinators
o Messaging systems, protocols and design patterns
o AWS (S3)
If you’ve got the skills and attitude we’re looking for, and we’ve managed to pique your interest, then we look forward to receiving your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectation and photo by e-mail at [email protected]!
Type of position: Full-time, Permanent
Language: English (written and spoken)
Work experience: Programming: 2 years (required)