About this job
We are looking for Full-Stack Developers with an epic passion for technology, an obsession for quality. As part of the Mindvalley team, you will be working with a team of smart, friendly, and dedicated Engineers, Product Managers and Designers to contribute to the most advanced Tech projects in Mindvalley and streamline, scale and optimize our products and platforms.
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Full-Stack Developer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current applications and processes. The Full-Stack Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. You should have excellent communication and project management skills.
To succeed as a Full-Stack Developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
As a Full-Stack Developer in Mindvalley you can expect to grow with an international team and work with state of the art tools and techniques. You will have the opportunity to work with different technologies and bring your ideas to the table to constantly improve the way we do things.
You must have a solution oriented mindset and you are always looking for the absolute best solutions to solve problems, and are even more productive in a collaborative team environment. In this role it's essential to be a team player - we succeed because we catch and support each other in our work. In your day to day operations you must appreciate receiving feedback on your work and at the same time you will be comfortable assisting your teammates by doing the same in the form of code reviews, general feedback and structured sharing.
- Working with our preferred technology stack (Primarily Elixir/Phoenix, Ruby on Rails).
- Develop, scale, and optimize amazing GraphQL & RESTful APIs.
- Experience with designing and optimizing PostgreSQL databases. Graph database (Neo4j) experience is bonus
- Be part of our backend service teams supporting web and mobile clients.
- Participate in the design, architecture, and delivery of new features in a collaborative agile/scrum environment.
- Experience with testing frameworks and end to end testing
- DevOps experience is an added advantage
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, distributed systems, algorithms and software design
- Passionate about clean code architecture and software craftsmanship
- Experience with modern web frameworks and API development (Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, React, Vue.js)
- Experience with Git and GitHub or similar
- A strong grasp and experience with relational databases; including PostgreSQL, MySQL (Graph Databases a bonus)
- Experience with background job processing (Oban, Sidekiq etc)
- Experience with Message Queues (Pubsub, Kafka etc)
- Comfortable working in the terminal
- Proficiency within an editor of your choice
- Experience with testing frameworks such as ExUnit, RSpec, Jest, Jasmine or equivalent
- Experience working with profiling tools
- Knowledge and familiarity with caching strategies, design patterns, cloud architecture and tools.
- Consuming and integrating with third party APIs
Nice to have:
- Experience with CI/CD toolsets and DevOps an added advantage
- Experience working at startups
- Interest in EdTech
On the personal side:
- You are excellent in communication, teamwork and also independent contributions;
- You have a strong attention to detail and flexibility of adapting to fast changes;
- You work well under pressure developing key features for high volume business critical systems;
- You are available to start remotely within 1-2 months.
Life at Mindvalley
Mindvalley is on a Mission to Redefine the Way Humanity Learns, by delivering exceptional Tech product.
Join us if you are driven by a life mission rather than a traditional career.
Mindvalley is a learning experience company that publishes teachings by the best authors in personal growth, wellbeing, spirituality, productivity, mindfulness and more – and combines them with cutting-edge sophisticated learning technology within engaged and supportive communities.
Why do insanely smart people from around the world give up traditional job ideas and instead come and work for Mindvalley?
J-O-B is a dirty word. Work, we believe, needs to be fun, educational and something that makes you excited so much, that you jump out of bed each morning. Screw the Traditional 9-5 Job. Instead, get paid to Play, Create, Learn and Grow. It’s like Being a Child Again. But with a Salary.
Mindvalley is considered one of the top places in the world to work and has been written about in magazines, articles and on TV. You'll be exposed to some of the best knowledge, people, and resources available anywhere - which you can apply to your own projects and become much more employable. Plus you'll enjoy flexible working hours, which fit into your life as you want them to - a competitive salary, and you'll get to work in a medium size, highly international team. You'll also get whatever hardware and software you need to ensure that you can play, create, learn, and grow more every day.
We're looking for people with a passion for technology, who want to have an impact and don't mind getting their hands dirty. If this is you, don't delay - make sure you jump on this rare opportunity now, you may never get this chance again.
- Amazing team members and impactful mission
- A company Macbook throughout your period of employment
- Stunning office spaces, voted among top Coolest Offices in the world
- Support with relocation and immigration
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home regularly
- Extensive training budget and access to knowledge resources
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- Mindvalley is a winner of the World's Most Democratic Workplace Award
- Remote working possible