About this job
Driver Acquisition team @ Heetch
We're a thoughtful, talented, full stack and distributed product team of backend, frontend and QA engineers, as well as a product manager and product designer.
The Driver Acquisition team is responsible for the entire acquisition experience across all of our cities, which includes but not limited to, Driver signup, Driver application, Driver referral and Driver training 🚗.
Our multi-disciplined team allows us to work autonomously across the realms of our scope. This means we own our roadmap entirely, and we empower each team member to contribute and influence what we work on and how.
Our mission is quite simple: Revolutionise the European and International Driver signup and application experience. Drivers use and rely on the products we build every single day to earn a living. This is a responsibility that we hold dear and do not take for granted.
- Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our speak up culture is strong.
- Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Bruxelles, Casablanca or Marrakesh.
- The courage to fail: We celebrate the wins, but more importantly we're not afraid to fail, we always learn and go again.
- Team Unity: No one is left behind.
- Code quality: It's not software without tests.
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a rapidly growing fully remote engineering team to build a product on a highly scalable technology stack (full microservices architecture in Elixir running on top of Docker).
What will you do?
- Work with engineering, product, and UX teams to facilitate project delivery by ensuring alignment and on time delivery
- Define, implement, and oversee a flexible and effective development process to reach the team's delivery goals
- Offer a collaborative and welcoming development environment for your team members
- Deliver high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure distributed systems
- Support and inspire an ambitious group of engineers in their career goals
- Work with our people operations team to maintain our high performance and high morale
- Oversee a distributed team (fully remote across Europe) of motivated engineers spanning all experience levels
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group
- Maximize team productivity and build loyalty by deeply understanding & incorporating various motivations, working styles and preferences
- Cultivate high engagement, performance and commitment to the product through a motivational & visionary approach
- Develop and mentor upcoming leaders and key engineers
- Be actively involved in hiring and growing our engineering team
- Plan and implement hiring strategies to attract talent within your team
- Advocate for engineering and management on the blog or at social and tech events
- Recruit outstanding technical talents from diverse backgrounds while continuously enhancing our recruiting strategies and programs
- Help us grow and evolve our engineering culture
- Work with other engineering managers to drive cultural changes across the organisation
What do you need?
- 4+ years of engineering leadership experience with at least 2 years managing multiple teams in different locations
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment within a small company
- Strong communication skills: being able to interact with a variety of profiles, from technical to non-technical
- Significant track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent within the industry
- Commitment to control unconscious biases in recruiting for your team in order to attract diverse candidates
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative technical team to perform
- Understanding and experience of building highly scalable, highly available distributed systems
- Ability to develop a comprehensive platform performance and scalability strategy while continuously delivering product improvements
- Non-technical interview with the current Engineering Manager of the team (1h30)
- Interview with other Engineering Managers (1h)
- Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders
Life at Heetch
Heetch is a mobility app with a simple mission: we want people to enjoy going out.
Every night and every day, our drivers are doing their best to make their rides unforgettable and friendly! We are focused on young people's expectations and are competing within a fast-paced market.
The service was launched in Paris on September 2013 and has been growing since then, with thousands of rides every night in France, Belgium and Morocco.
With more than 1 million users in Europe, we are proud to be one of the fastest growing French startups!
- Full remote and flexible ways of working
- Paid conferences attendance/travel
- Code Retreat
- 2 company seminars
- Travel budget to visit your coworkers
- Spotify Subscription
- Heetch Credits