About this job
SENIOR BACK-END ENGINEER
As creators of innovative software for the future market of iGaming, Ancient strives to go against the traditional route of building slot machine software. We operate with the firm belief that we’re building desirable software for the next big spending generation: younger players who are seeking iGaming entertainment to enjoy themselves and with friends. With that in mind, we’re now looking for a senior front-end engineer to help us innovate, build and grow Ancient further, and to always help us stay one step ahead.
What you will do:
- Build scalable, highly-available, robust systems and ensure their continuous delivery.
- Take full ownership of features and code, from the inception of ideas to deployment, maintenance and keeping it running.
- Be involved in the communities of the businesses by having a ‘Developer’ tag in the chatboxes, which will get you a lot of attention from the customers, receiving real-time feedback for the products you build.
- Become a member of our back-end engineering culture, learning from other talented people, and sharing your own knowledge.
- Engineer new features at scale in a fresh codebase without legacy code.
- Participate in technical discussions as part of the team. You should be ready to challenge our architecture, propose changes, and ultimately implement them.
Examples of projects you’ll be working on:
- https://www.csgoroll.com Community social gaming platform targeted towards CSGO players, with unique in-house custom built games such as Roulette, Crash, Unboxing, PVP with the capability to bet and win Skins in real-time
- https://www.hypedrop.com Buy and open Mystery Boxes in real-time featuring the Unboxing game where people can unbox real life products and have them shipped to their house
- https://www.varrock.com (launching in July) is another social gaming platform targeted towards RuneScape players, also with unique in-house custom built games with the capability to win RuneScape items in real-time that can be redeemed to their virtual RuneScape characters
- https://www.duel.com (currently in development) is a PvP focused iGaming brand where users may wager items from their “Inventory” vs other people’s items from their Inventory such as Watches, Electronics, Sneakers and more, and may redeem their contents physically upon withdrawal.
These projects use the same codebase and share libraries of components and modules.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone with a strong background in video gaming is preferred, since much of our target market are gamers, and also gamification concepts are now widely adopted.
- An intuitive understanding of how games work and the motivation behind them is helpful.
- Someone who’s up to speed with TypeScript, Node, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Redis.
- A part-time or full-time worker that can stay on-task in a remote environment.
Life at Ancient Gaming
About Ancient Gaming
Check out our live websites: CSGORoll.com + HypeDrop.com
Everything we build, we have a passion for gamification - wether it be shopping for your next PC monitor or buying your next video game Skin.
Our codebase is entirely re-useable and we licence it out to brands, and we're looking to take advantage of current market opportunities by expanding our development team, where you have the chance of taking entire ownership over a brand new project - when it comes to re-styling it, adding unique features to it and managing it.
We have a class-A product-development team when it comes to designing the games, and calculating the profitability of the games - there's a lot up our sleeves with what we'd like to introduce to the market.
- Remote working
- Rapidly growing
- Duplicating multiple brands
- Diverse portfolio: gamified e-commerce, video game arcade, iGaming
- Entirely modern stack, no legacy code