About this job
As a Front End Engineer, you will work closely together with designers and other engineers to advance the development of our modern web platform and deliver exciting new experiences to our customers. You will contribute to the overall design and usability of the platform, and rigorously leverage data collected e.g. through user analytics and A/B testing to transform complex processes and rich data into insightful yet attractive and concise user experiences. The role will challenge you to work in a highly agile environment and address strategic and implementational topics. Experience with back end development, esp. with Java, would be beneficial.
- Partner with the design and product management team to innovate and develop new design and interaction concepts
- Translate mock-ups and interpret style guides to create cohesive interfaces with modular code
- Develop rich, flexible front end components to enable engineers to easily and quickly build client-side code
- Design and implement A/B tests to improve UX decision making
- Share and document knowledge and best practices for front end development in React
- Mentor and support other team members through code reviews and continuous feedback
- Take initiative to research, troubleshoot and resolve bugs and issues as they arise
- Be a flexible team player, stepping into a variety of roles, as needed
- Strong experience building modern, elegant web apps using React/Redux
- In-depth knowledge of browsers and their behaviour
- Passionate about user experience
- Experience with test frameworks (e.g. jest, Enzyme)
- Understanding of RESTful services and service oriented architecture
- Experience developing back end service (preferably in Java)
- Experience with A/B testing
- Preferred: Prior experience in designing and developing data-rich front ends for financial systems (e.g. trading, risk, or compliance systems) and/or for logistics systems
- Preferred: Knowledge in other front end frameworks such as Angular, Knockout, Ember, etc.
- Preferred: Knowledge in cloud technologies/infrastructure (esp. AWS)
- Strong analytical, project leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work both self-directed and collaboratively to deliver results in a fast paced, startup environment
- Unbelievably positive attitude, sense of humor and/or thick skin
- Consummate team player, able to wear multiple hats, and assist team members when needed
Life at Leaf Logistics
About Leaf Logistics
Leaf is a fast-paced, early stage startup focused on transforming the way B2B transportation is bought and sold. Leaf’s digital platform allows buyers and sellers to execute binding, enforceable contracts. Automated opportunity analytics allow members to quickly identify the best fits in their portfolio for digital Leaf Forward contracts. Proprietary matching and rating algorithms ensure buyers and sellers align on critical service and performance requirements. Smart, standardized contracts and active monitoring through execution ensure contractual obligations are honored. And if either counterparty’s needs change, Leaf's trading platform provides the liquidity to close out positions.
The engineering team
We are a diverse, distributed, and highly motivated team of engineers, working closely together with other teams of the company to advance the development of our modern, microservices-based analytics and trading platform, and to deliver exciting new product features to our customers.
The way we work together as a team is based on three principles - transparency, trust, and ownership. To spark creativity and solve hard problems, we
- challenge ourselves to think and act like product owners, not just code owners,
- are passionate to share our work, knowledge, and learnings with the team,
- believe in working in small and agile teams, and
- are happy to both give and take on responsibility.
As a new member to our growing team, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to dive into exciting projects, work on core services and functionality of our platform, and grow quickly with the team.
- A competitive compensation package
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to shape a growing team and take on responsibility
- Your primary work tool